The NHS long term plan and personalised care talks about the need to create a shift in the relationship with the people we support. To help us deliver personalised care we need new skills for a new relationship.
Coaching skills help to create a culture in which we encourage people to be resourceful. It helps us to work together to find out what motivates people to improve their health and wellbeing.
Our coaching conversations accredited training helps you to understand how to use coaching within a clinical or professional role. It shows when and where a coaching approach is effective and how you can use these skills in everyday conversations.
We have designed the workshops to help you to deal with situations that require a behaviour change focus. The training helps professionals to have coaching-oriented conversations with their clients.
Using coaching skills will help focus conversations on what really matters to the individual about their health and to explore what the barriers are to them achieving their desired health outcomes.
Coaching skills will help professionals to support the patient to focus on their own resourcefulness, It will also increase their confidence in managing their health and wellbeing. This, in turn will help people to start to explore how they can change their behaviours to have better health outcomes.
This is a fast paced, challenging, and interactive workshop. It focuses on skill practice and development. It promotes peer challenge and support to create a community of practice.
For programme enquiries, email Deborah O’Nyons.
2023 – NB, new format will be 2 full days face to face and a half day online, 3 months later:
- 2nd and 16th February 9.15am – 4.30pm: Heartlands, Robinson’s Shaft, Dudnance Lane, Pool, Redruth, TR15 3QY.
- 18th May: 0.5 day follow up session 9.30 to 12.30 online.
- 1st and 15th March 9.15am – 4.30pm: St Austell Rugby Club, Tregorrick Rd, St Austell PL26 7FH.
- 14th June: 0.5 day follow up session 9.30 to 12.30 online.
- 6th and 20th March 9.15am – 4.30pm: Heartlands, Robinson’s Shaft, Dudnance Lane, Pool, Redruth, TR15 3QY.
- 19th June: 0.5 day follow up session 9.30 to 12.30 online.
- 4th and 18th April 9.15am – 4.30pm: Lanivet Community Centre, Carters Parc, Rectory Road, Lanivet, Bodmin, PL30 5HG.
- 18th July: 0.5 day follow up session 9.30 to 12.30 online.
- 13th and 27th April 9.15am – 4.30pm: Trelawny Rm, New County Hall, Truro, TR1 3AY.
- 27th July: 0.5 day follow up session 9.30 to 12.30 online.
Email Michelle Smith if you would like to be added to the waiting list.
If you have booked and can no longer attend, please email Michelle Smith. We have a waiting list for these courses, if you cannot attend please give as much notice as possible. Non-attendance without notice or good reason will be followed up by conversations with your manager and may lead to your organisation being charged for your future attendance.
Coaching conversations training
"*" indicates required fields
Page last reviewed: 31 January, 2023