Cornwall’s NHS is continuing its tour of the county this summer and wants to hear people’s experiences of health and care services. On some weekends Pirate FM will be along too, with a dose of fun and some handy gifts to take away.
Throughout August and into September, NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Integrated Care Board’s communications and engagement team will be out and about visiting GP surgeries.
On Saturdays in August they will be joined by local radio Pirate FM’s Love Crew. As well as sharing the love with useful giveaways including sun cream, they’ll be building awareness of the ‘Help Us Help You’ campaign which pleas for people to choose wisely the right NHS service for their need.
The summer roadshow puts into practice a commitment to involve people in the planning and delivery of health and care services in their community. Last month, more than 200 people from 6 local surgeries shared their views as the tour got underway.
The team is keen to hear how people have accessed healthcare support since the COVID-19 pandemic. So, whether that’s through a GP practice, community pharmacy or hospital services, they want to hear your stories. Are you super happy with a service you have received, or have you experienced difficulties that could be improved upon? Hearing this will help the NHS to understand what things are working well, and what things people would like to change.
There will also be an opportunity to complete a survey with the team, or complete the survey online back at home, so that your thoughts can feed into considerations about where improvements could be made.
Kate Shields, chief executive officer of NHS Cornwall’s Integrated Care Board says:
“The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Integrated Care System wants to make Cornwall an even better place to be born, to live, and to grow old. We have made a firm commitment to improve people’s experiences of health and care services and we want to make sure that everyone has the same access and opportunities, regardless of where they live.
“We want to hear your recent experiences of the services we provide. The summer tour is one excellent means of us doing this. We are coming to places across the whole of Cornwall and we want to know what you think. We will use the feedback to make sure that the care we offer meets what you, our people, want and need.
“I encourage everyone to look at the dates and locations. Come along and meet us and tell us what you think.”
The team will be at the following venues during August:
- Thursday 18, Wadebridge and Camel Estuary Practice, Brooklyn, PL27 7BS, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Friday 19, Marazion Surgery, Gwallon Lane, TR17 0HW, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Saturday 20 – with Pirate FM – Lemon Quay, Truro, TR1 2LW, from 9am to midday.
- Monday 22, Praze Surgery, School Road, Praze-an-Beeble, TR14 0LB, from 8.30am to 1pm. *Rescheduled – September
- Tuesday 23, Oak Tree Surgery, Clemo Road, Liskeard, PL14 3XA, from 8.30am to 12.30pm. *Rescheduled – September
- Thursday 25, Port Isaac Surgery, Hillson Close, PL29 3TR, from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
- Saturday 27 – with Pirate FM – Bude Tourist Information Centre, The Crescent, EX23 8LE, from 9am to midday.
- Tuesday 30, Par Health Centre (Fowey River Practice), Eastcliffe Road, Par, PL24 2AJ, from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
More events are being planned into September, starting with:
- Thursday 1, The Medical Centre Camelford, Church Field, PL32 9YT, from 8.30am to 12.30pm.
- *Monday 5, Praze Surgery, School Road, Praze-an-Beeble, TR14 0LB, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- *Monday 12, Oak Tree Surgery, Clemo Road, Liskeard, PL14 3XA, from 8.30am to 12.30pm.