Cornwall’s NHS is hitting the road this summer to listen to people’s experiences of health and care services.
Throughout July, members of NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly’s Integrated Care Board communications and engagement team will visit GP surgeries, Pride and Stithians Show as part of a commitment to involve people in the planning and delivery of health and care services in their community.
People can also share their thoughts on GP, community pharmacy, and hospital services to help the NHS understand how people have accessed help since the pandemic, what things are working well, and what things people would like to change. People can either complete a survey with the team, or complete the survey online when they get home, and their thoughts will be used to consider where improvements could be made.
Dr Andy Sant, managing director for north and east Cornwall integrated care area said: “Designing services around our communities and people’s needs is at the heart of our new integrated care board. We can’t deliver the change we need to and reduce health inequalities in our communities without listening to people to understand their experiences of the services we provide.
“Our ICB has pledged to deliver person-centred care and events such as our summer roadshow are an important way for us to meet people and listen to their experiences.”
Joan Heaton, chair of the Citizens Advisory Panel, which provides an independent voice and critical friendship on health and care matters on behalf of people in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, said: “The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly health and wellbeing boards have created a long-term strategy to help us all to grow, live, work and age well. The approach is place-based, focussing on our communities and our specific needs.
“Working together, we can use our voices to let them know what services we need and where we need them. Our NHS wants to hear from the local experts – and that is you. The patient voice is the key to great local service.”
The team will be at the following venues during July:
- Tuesday 5, Cape Cornwall surgery, Market Street, St Just TR19 7HX, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Wednesday 6, Old Bridge Surgery, Station Road, Looe PL13 1HA, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Thursday 7, Bodriggy health centre, Queensway, Hayle TR27 4PB, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Saturday 9, Pride, White River Place, St Austell PL25 5AZ, from 11.30am to 6pm
- Monday 11, Stithians Show, from 8am to 6pm.
- Wednesday 13, Leatside Health Centre, Forth Noweth, Redruth TR15 1AU, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Thursday 14, Helston Medical Centre, Trelawney Road, Helston TR13 8AU, from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Saturday 16, Pride, Priory car park, Bodmin PL31 2DE, from 11.30am to 6pm.
- Thursday 21, Perranporth Surgery, Beach Road TR6 0PS, from 8.30am to 2pm.
- Saturday 23, Pride, The Buttermarket, Redruth TR15 2AU, from 11.30am to 6pm.
More events are being planned for August and September.